Are you sometimes a little lost when reading digital jargon? Here is glossary that could be useful:
– Branding: It’s an action that highlights a brand, works on its reputation and tries to ensure that it is unique in the consumer’s mind.
– Code source: Barak Obama has shown us talented students using coding: http://bit.ly/1HNFj0u. But what exactly is coding? What do the coders do behind their screens? Coding puts in place all the instructions at the foundations of a technical program.
– Data Mining: Today companies collect more and more data. Data Mining is the intelligent scanning of this set of data.
– Display: Simply online advertising!
– KPI: “Key Performance Indicator”: Performance indicator to measure the achievement of a goal. For an indicator to be effective , remember : it must be SMART (Specific ,Measurable, Acheivable, Relevant, Time phased) .
– Netlinking: This referencing technique is used to increase the number of links to a website from external sites.
– SEA: Search Engine Advertising. SEA corresponds to paid listings.
– SEO: Search Engine Optimization. No stress! SEO is simply natural referencing: positioning your webpage at the top of web searches. It is ‘natural’ because it is free.
– SEM = SEA + SEO (Search Engine Marketing).
– RTB : « Real-Time Bidding », Doesn’t that enlighten you? Here is a simple definition: RTB is buying online advertising spaces in real time. To learn a little more here is an interesting article: http://bit.ly/1sUU3zM.
If you would like to have explanations from one of our consultants about the digital world, please ask us!